Not bad for my first pattern! Still have to work out some kinks.
The dragonfly’s a timid thing,
He’s very pretty, too;
His lacy wings are clear as glass
And delicate as dew.
I don’t know why the dragonfly
Has such a fearful name.
I never saw a dragon
That was nearly half as tame.
I had some leftover material from Mitch so I made Geoff (or ‘Raff the Giraffe, from the adorable Funky Friends Factory).
Zoey, Mitch and Edwin
Thre cute and cuddly creatures that I made (and James gave the thumbs-up to) from the very fantastic and wonderful Funky Friends Factory. I had such fun making these guys, and everyone really liked them.
Oh so cuddly.
This should have been a post of a final ‘group’ shot of my medieval animal alphabet, all against a black piece of paper and hanging on my wall. But I’ve been busy this weekend, so here’s a baby related illustration instead!
My sister-in-law has the baby room all decked out in a jungle-safari theme with touches of Africa (and Australia and China) and she wanted some pictures to hang on the wall. She had a couple of items from this set and wanted three small pictures to match. She chose the animals and I tried to illustrate some wittle guys that would match the style.
Not sure when I will be able to draw again now – I think I did a pretty good job of ‘pacing myself’ and taking breaks during the shower weekend, but unfortunately on my way home from the shower I was in a car accident. Everybody (from both cars) was ok, but I came out of it with a bruise shoulder, sore neck, and a wrist more painful than before (it’s not unbearable, I think it was just a case of my wrist being smacked against a door and bent back). Luckily I already had an appointment to see my hand specialist again, so I’ll make sure to mention it! So drawing will commence…hopefully soon 🙁
In the Jungle...
This lamp was a great group project, starting with me and my mother-in-law going off and getting a plain lamp, which is harder than it sounds. We needed one with a flat base, and a rod that we could enclose in bamboo. Now that I think of it, it probably would have saved us time if we just made the entire thing from scratch. The shade on the lamp was awful, so we got a separate shade. Back home, my mother-in-law covered the lamp shade with new material and glued cork to the base, while the mom-to-be and I sculpted the animals and leaves out of sculpey. We had my father-in-law drill some bamboo (its not completely hollow!) and remove the lighting switch while the sculpey figures were painted. I think it’s cute!